Golden Hawk Football
2013 Mid-Prairie Lift-A-Thon
|Posted by derekyoder on March 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM|
The 2013 Mid-Prairie Lift-A-Thon has been rescheduled for Friday, April 5th at 7:30 pm at the High School. A Booster Supper is also being held that evening. This is the first year for the Lift-A-Thon at Mid-Prairie. The following is from from strength & conditioning coach Traimain Johnson:
Dear Athletes and Parents:
The Mid-Prairie Strength and Conditioning Program is sponsoring our first annual LIFT-A-THON. Our goal is to emphasize the importance of weight training both, in and out of season. The LIFT-A-THON will also provide financial support for us to purchase updated equipment and fund much needed maintenance in the weight room.
Each athlete will perform three core exercises: squat, bench, and power clean. A combined score will be calculated to get a final weight for each athlete. Each athlete will get $.01/ $.05/ $ .10/ $ .25/ donations per pound they lift. Flat donations are also acceptable. The amount of your pledge will be the result of the players combined squat, bench, and power clean scores.
Our goal is to have 100% participation by all Mid-Prairie athletes.
Important Dates: April 5, 2013
Weight Room walk through- starts at 730pm
The gym will be set up for all the lifting
All PARENTS and SPONSORS are invited to attend.
Coach Johnson has already upgraded the facilities in the short time that he has been at Mid-Prairie. The weight room recently received a new floor as well as 3 new power squat racks, among other changes, but Coach Johnson has more goals in mind. Please consider helping our athletes by attending the Booster Supper, the Lift-A-Thon, or both!
Welcome to Golden Hawk Football!
|Posted by derekyoder on February 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM|
Welcome to the new website for Mid-Prairie Golden Hawk Football!! Our goal with this site is to provide students, parents & fans with all the information they need to follow their student-athletes in a central location. Please take a look around and get familiar with the place. Here are some of the current features:
- This will be the general information page where we can post about things going on with the program.
- Each player's name on the roster is a clickable link that will take you directly to their Hudl page where you can view any highlights that they (or the coaches) have selected.
- Right now the calendar is blank, but as we begin to hammer dates down we will add them. Things like camps, practices & games will all be viewable on the calendar. Each game entry will also be linked to GoogleMaps where you can get directions to the game site from wherever you might be leaving from.
- Results & Stats
- Each score listed in the varsity schedule is a clickable link that will take you directly to QuikStats page for that game. The current district standings will also be available on this page.
- A blast from the past! Browse both team and individual school records.
- This page is currently blank, but photos will be added eventually. Feel free to email any team-related photos you take (or may already have) to [email protected] to have them added to this page.
- Here you can find various handouts and forms which can be downloaded.
- Links to various sites that pertain to the football program.